Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane 2. Dash clocks dead!

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 8th March 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by k4ngoo View Post

Have you checked the fuses inside the glovebox area?
Sometimes a fuse can blow due to the cigarette lighter being shorted by a phone charger or similar - don't think it affects the display though, but can stop the heater/aircon.

No indicator noise is strange. As a matter of course it would be worth making sure nothing like a hands free kit or similar has been wired in by a previous owner or removed by them - sometimes wires can be cut to remove them in a hurry, or pulled too hard - some of the dash framework can be sharp and wires can earth out on them. Otherwise it's a good old search for the fault by checking feeds & earths with a wiring diag. etc.

Dash pod replacement - mileage would be wrong - can't remember if these are coded in but don't think so.
Thanks for the reply. I checked for a handsfree kit and couldn't find any evidence that one had been installed.

Yes, I'm planning to check the earths and multiplug connectors tomorrow but thought it might be worth posting as someone may have come across this before (given that meganes seem to have every wiring fault under the sun at some point. LOL)

I think the dash pods are coded (the imobiliser) with write once software, but I'm hoping I'm wrong. I was thinking about it earlier and I'm pretty sure the pod will be Ok as the fault is affecting the radio and display as well. Can't figure out why it's totally dead though!

It also occured to me that the pod went not long after I unplugged my fault code scanner after erasing fault codes related to the coil . Might be coincidence.
Currently in andy.d1's garage:
2003 Megane 2 1.4 16v and 1998 Laguna 2.2dt estate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome