Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Diagnostics

Thread: Diagnostics
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 9th March 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
im having the same problem with my scenic 03 fidji dci 1.9 105 its really bad on cold stsrt in the morning sometimes can make it pop out of gear the engine shakes that much and it black smokes loads until its warmed up and everything is back to normal again.
Its been bad for a while now but its getting alot worse now and i get the service light on now and then.
before i knew there was something not right because it had no end of flat spots when overtaking. and it is very lame and struggles in low revs in higher gears.
it sounds like its firing on 3 cylinders in the morning on cold starts now.
iv ask a friend about it who does alot of work on cars and he said its most likely the diesel high pressure pump on the front of the engine getting tied and is ready for a new one.

if anyone can help i would appreciate it as the pump is very expensive and dont want to fork out of one if its something else.

someone off another fourm said they just found a second hand wiring loom and cut the injector wiring off it and soldered it together then had no problem with it cost them 52.00 from a breakers.

would this work?
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome