Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Door card removal

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th March 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Scenic II - Door card removal

Was trying to find this info this morning to try to get the window raised for my sons Mark II 04 reg Scenic and noticed plenty of others asking the same, but couldn't find any instructions. SO, here goes - sorry, it's none too technical.

This will apply to the fronts - not sure about the rears but must be similar.

There is a sort of 'pad' where the electric window switch sits. This is clipped into the door panel and needs to be removed.
It is hinged at the bottom, so with something like a wallpaper stripping knife, prise away from the top and sides. Once done, you will be able to see another torx bolt that holds the door panel in place.

Prise off the grille for the speaker and undo two torx bolts and then disconnect speaker.

Under the storage binnacle at the very bottom of the trim
there are two torx bolts. Remove these.

Prise off the top of the interior door handle (the big 'pull' handle. Underneath this you will find two, fairly deep set torx bolts. Remove these.

On the door opening lever, you will find a blanking plug. It is hinged at the bottom. Prise open from the top and remove the torx bolt.

Then, you need to sort of push upwards on the card as there are at least two largish clips that are sort of 'hooked'
into recesses in the door panel. You'll feel it release when you've done it correctly.

As I wasn't replacing the regulator, I didn't need to go any further i.e. fully removing the card. But to do so you just need to disconnect the window switch from the loom and the cable from the handle and Bob is your Mothers Brother.

Hope that's of some use.
The Following User Says Thank You to under8ted For This Useful Post:
ineos man (20th November 2010)
  5 Lastest Threads by under8ted
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic II - Door card removal Scenic ottoman 5 12052 9th March 2008 06:53 PM
My Modus My mottah! chipmonster 6 2342 23rd February 2008 08:56 PM
Modus Non Start Engines ottoman 1 973 23rd February 2008 07:54 PM
Just saying Hi! Welcome to RenaultForums Hightower 5 1051 20th August 2006 05:50 PM
Scenic 16v - engine mounting (Dog Bone?) Cars & motoring Lagdti 1 2160 20th August 2006 05:45 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome