Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - TDC Sensor Replacement (with pictures!)

View Single Post
post #116 of (permalink) Old 10th March 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Last Summer I did just spray the sensor to solve the problem and for 6 months it did cure it. Which at the very least meant I identified the problem as opposed to paying a garage to do so.

Last month the problem came back so it was time to replace the sensor. As when I posted previously about spraying the sensor in situ a fellow forum member correctly pointed out there was a small risk of the wd40 getting onto the fly wheel.

I am not convinced though that the wd40 penetrated to the sensor tip, as far as I know spraying the sensor and therefore its wiring loom which can become corroded may have been my problem.

On my Scenic auto the sensor is in one hell of an awkward place so that is why I went for the none replacement option first. Now though replaced sensor and its wiring loom and car starts first time every time.

Like i state though having diagnosed problem myself from these forums saved me a lot of money and potential wrong diagnoses by garages.
Currently in pja8's garage:
2000 Renault Scenic 16v 1.6 Auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome