Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - ABS Pump - Laguna

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 29th August 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: ABS Pump - Laguna

Thanks for your help guys, unfortunately this has me tied in knots. I think I might be able to get a part after all, but I have been told that you can't put second hand ABS pumps on the car as they have to be programmed.

Around three weeks ago I asked the garage to tow the car back to my home and I was going to put it off the road for a while. The garage (where my car has been sitting for six weeks) told me that I had no brakes and therefore couldn't drive the car.

Between the warning light coming on and the garage taking the car, I was driving around normally for about a week. (Initially it was thought that it could be the sensors that are the problem, not the pump itself). When they decided that the pump was faulty, the car was off the road. That was about six weeks ago.

Today I received notification from another garage that I could drive the car - the only problem was, the ABS wouldn't work but the brakes would still work and the car was still safe.

My question is - is it safe to drive this car with a faulty ABS pump, short term and long term and will this pass an MOT?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome