Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 2 - Brakes Poor

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th August 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Scenic 2 - Brakes Poor

My Scenic has been in the dealerships service area on seven occasions. It has been with them for six weeks of its first year. Can anyone suggest a fix.

After minor work on the door locking, the car leaves the dealership. At the first of two mini roundabouts (1st - 125 metres, 2nd - 35 metres) it last exhibited a flat to the floor scenario - i.e. no braking. Withing a few more metres everything is almost okay, except that the pedal travel feels excessive before braking is apparent.

At high speed I can brake hard and I get good decelration. In emegency stop braking it is effective. My main problem seems to be a lower speeds sub. 30mph. There is no sponginess to the braking, just a poor response to my foot pressure. If I lean forward I can brake rather precariously with the pressure of a single index finger. Under foot it just seeeeeemmmmmmsss very slow to respond. I am beginning to wonder if it is safe?

It has had a full 2.5bar pressure bleed and the main servo replaced and the master cylinder replaced.

What can be wrong? Anyone else have a similar experience of this?

Currently in Jonah's garage:
Renault Scenic II and now my second III.
  5 Lastest Threads by Jonah
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Stop/Start Scenic III Engines Jonah 3 313 22nd May 2016 09:16 PM
Double click on door locks issue Electronics Jonah 0 287 4th August 2015 01:20 PM
Clio immobiliser reset sequence Electronics Domseraph 3 3700 26th February 2014 02:09 PM
Renault Scenic II wipers General Chat Jonah 0 562 10th February 2013 01:02 PM
Front suspension creaking Steering and Suspension cph1984 13 8355 28th January 2010 09:25 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome