Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Tyre Pressure Sensors - Member experiences and solution

View Single Post
post #295 of (permalink) Old 11th March 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Last weekend I joined the 'metal dustcap rusted on to TPS' brigade and managed to shear the valve in trying to remove it (had only taken it off around 6 weeks ago!).

Thanks to the advice on this forum, had a clue what to do! Found local Renault dealers with the part in stock (36.24 inc VAT) but no dealer with time to fit / programme it.

Local tyre depot charged 15.00 to fit new sensor. Unfortunately, after they'd fitted it, suddenly realised that I'd forgotten to ask them to make a note of the code!!

Rang round a few Bosch service centres / independent Renault garages in Poole and got prices from between 20 - 30 + VAT to reprogramme the sensor into the vehicle, but they had no slots available at the weekend to do the work. As I work in Weymouth, I found a place that claim to be a Bosch centre and can look at it today but seemed a bit puzzled when asked to programme in the new sensor, so I'll print the above instructions out and try to work it out with them (I'm an electronics / computer eng by day!). They will give an hour of diagnostics for 35.00 + VAT, which is handy as I want to reset some old ECU Fuel Injection faults from the other week when I had a broken Throttle Valve Assy.

UPDATE Just got back from the Bosch Centre - worked with the tech (plus the above instructions) to identify the sensor and programme the system. Some feedback:

- The 1 bar pressure drop has to be pretty quick and it took us 2 or 3 attempts to get the sensor to output its ID within the required time period.
- When the sensor ID was detetcted, this was entered into the appropriate wheel location (rear left). Disconnected the test eqpt, started the car and found that the system had stored the new sensor ID in the front right slot, so the diagonally opposite wheel pressure readouts were absent (but I got a Tyre Pressure OK readout). Then had to detect the Sensor ID for front right and enter that. While we were about it, double checked (and recorded) the sensor IDs for all 4 wheels. Car readout was then only showing pressure for a single wheel (but still Tyre Pressure OK). Stopped engine, switched off ignition and waited, then restarted - still same display. Treble checked sensor IDs and locations - OK !! Also checked for ECU faults (old Glow Plug warning and one from my low boost pressure problem with the throttle valve) and Heating / Air Con Faults - reset all these to see whether they help.

Decided to go for it, pay the bill and have a drive - sensor readings were normal within 5 mins! Now just need to double check that all the wheel locations are correct.

Thanks for the help, guys!
Currently in McBish's garage:
03 Laguna II 1.9dCi Initiale Estate

Last edited by McBish; 11th March 2008 at 03:02 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome