Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace breaking/shuddering

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 2nd September 2016
Platinum member
Nominated 30 Times in 26 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 1,601 Times in 1,292 Posts
Re: Renault Espace breaking/shuddering

Can I just throw this in the pot..
This used to be an issue, that I found with mondeo's,,, ( thats why I do it the way I have mentioned now)
What happens, no wheel put on the car, but brake discs and pads fitted, someone gets in, pumps the pedal,, Pedal goes hard, THEN fits the wheel, but, the brake disc is now, not touching the hub in places.

The calliper carrier, is bolted to the hub.. the calliper is free to slide, But the side with the piston, this brake pad, makes contact first.
Though it is not much . The disc is now slightly adrift the hub.
Then the wheel gets put on,
and you would expect the brake pads to move back,,But the brake pads are still pressing on the disc, and the slides are at the furthest point,

This in effect, makes the calliper stick,, on the slides.....
So , not saying this is your issue,, but anyone reading this,,, when you fit discs and pads, refit the wheel before pressing the brake pedal,,

I think, aesthetically, car design is so interesting - the dashboards, the steering wheels, and the beauty of the mechanics. I don't know how any of it works, I don't want to know,
Currently in ours2012's garage:
My Baby ( or the shed on wheels )Laguna 2 estate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome