Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #855 of (permalink) Old 11th March 2008
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,200 Times in 4,712 Posts
Hi Brigatti - it sounds either like VOSA ain't competent or don't have the facilities, finances or knowledge base to deal with the matter. Has VOSA stated they carried out an independent review of the situation or was there finding as a result of a combined effort with Renault. Additionally is there any evidence to suggest this problem only occurs after a certain period of time or has it affected models of different ages within the group of vehicles concerned.
As a matter of interest has any legal advice been sought over the matter. From what I see it looks like Renault have inadvertently admitted liability by taking the step to issue an advisory note to its cutomers. I think a good barrister could make a good meal of them in open court - but unfortunately that would cost a lot of money.
Is there any way of finding out the extent of the problem in other countries and if so how have Renault dealt with it - if at all.
I whole-heartedly support you in this long on-going saga and wish you all the best.

In the one and only case I have seen it involved a young boy-racer type driver who had the damage repaired at his own expense in order to protect his no-claims bonus.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome