Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna wing mirror & electric window - loom?

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 11th March 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by stolen_monkey View Post
I had a similar problem on my late megane, which has now replicated itself on my Laguna.

The passenger side wing mirror acts rather strange. When the car is started it positions itself miles off where it should. Sometimes it continues messing around until i manually stop it using the control.
It will go into a useful position using the controllable switch, but always goes out of position at restart.

also, the passenger side electric window goes up and down in a jerk fashion rather than a smooth transition.

I am 90% certain that this means there has/is water in the door and this has affected the wiring loom. At least that is what was replaced on my megane.

Does anyone have any input? Or the part that is required? price and availability?
As ever, thanks in advance.
First the window. Sounds like the anti-pinch sytem need reseting. Inch the window up to the top and when it is finally there pull up on the switch and hold it there for five seconds.

On the wing mirror it could be a few things - a problem with water being one of them.

The mirror memory is handled by the controller that is part of the window regulator. Since you are having problems with that window it sounds like power may have been lost.
First try setting the mirror where you want it and doing a position save using a long press on the seat memory button (until it beeps).

If that doesn't work then it could be the connectors between the mirror and the loom in the door. The controller knows the position of the mirror by small feedback sensors on the two motors. If the signal from these sensors is not good then you'll see the problems you have.

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome