Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - Digital Display Flickering*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 12th March 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by fez View Post
managed to have mine fixed's was a dry joint prob in my case, these units are very poorly manufactured by machine....cost me 120 in total. including all removal & bloke, who knows his stuff, based in rossendale ,lancs....and if he cannot fix, there is no charge whatsoever.!...he's done about 10 of these scenic II clusters...renault wanted 600+ to replace the cluster..if your having a flickering prob i'll pass you his no
Originally Posted by harryhill1974 View Post
yes, i heared of that and used another company from ebay that said the same thing (dry solder), i sent it off and they got it working but it only lasted 2 months. i sent it back and they then could not get it working again so they sent me a partial refund, so i lost 80 first. I did mention this to the guys at cluster repairs just to make sure im not flushing more money down the drain and they told me that all componants got to the with the display are changed not touched up ad this cuases more damage, thier menthod ensures a 3 years warranty. 120 plus removel and refit is damn cheap or very expensive for a touch up, when did you get yours repaired?

Originally Posted by fez View Post
only had it done 3 days probs so far. will keep you posted

Thanks for the update on the " Fix's " Folks.

Hopefully other Members will find this useful who have similar problems.

Yes I agree Renault should be doing something towards resolving this issue.

Keep us updated with the " Fix's "
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome