Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Small Cars

Thread: Small Cars
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12th March 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Emily's dad View Post
The reason I do worry about safety is that as a Traffic police officer I see an awful lot of serious accidents and it does make me think about mine and my family's safety.

Of course I'm not looking to have an accident, but they do happen and it only makes sense to consider these things when looking to change a car. You would be daft not to think about safety.
You do have the right attitude. I know Az says you are looking on the negative side and you should be positive but, if it can happen IT WILL HAPPEN as I have learnt!

I try not to take chances as luck runs out and obviously in your job you are all too aware of this hence this topic.

Obviously you are trying to do the right thing to protect your family and that is the way to go. Does have to be said though cars don't always take well to shunts at the back end in general. I suppose thats because there is almost nothing there to resist the oncoming vehicle unlike an engine compartment...

As AZ says though, the longer the back end, the better the chances of survival - though you probably know this already!

Originally Posted by daft_plonk View Post
i saw a similar thing going home the other day. im a single lad of 20 with no kids, but i were following a family of 5 in a 1993 ford fiesta.

i just wonder why this sort of thing is so common?
I have absolutely no idea! It is true though that the smaller the car the more people will try to cram into them - like it is a competition of some sort!

You wouldn't beleive the number of VERY over weight people I see in the smallest of cars either..
Currently in delta1066's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome