Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Small Cars

Thread: Small Cars
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 12th March 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
I'm well aware of the 'tilt test' on double deckers... I was something of a bus enthusiast until recently, and I have the die-cast models to prove it, but 4x4s are, for a fact, much more likely to roll over under sharp cornering than a 'normal' car - the US counterpart of NCAP went as far as basically saying 4x4 were deathtraps in their investigations a few years ago. I know modern cars have things like ESP which are meant to help prevent this occurring, but what if the electrics go wrong?

And yes, some 4x4s are very good, others not so. My dad throws his L200 round corners much faster than I'd dare to drive my Laggy round em, yet I've never heard so much as a squeak of the tyres, although the incline meter on the dash frequently reaches 25 degrees, which is scary!

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome