Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megance Scenic MK2 2006 plate Door Lock Covers

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11th September 2016
Platinum member
Nominated 30 Times in 26 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 1,601 Times in 1,292 Posts
Re: Megance Scenic MK2 2006 plate Door Lock Covers

Are you on about the D shapes at the end, as without these removed your handles will not come out,,,.
Have a look and see if this helps,, parts removed for clarity only ,, you will still need to look through the small opening where the grommet is/was/

But it is the silver tab you need to pull
There should be 4 pictures, two will show you a side view as though you looked at it with the door card removed,,
the two dots ,, marked slightly with red, the one furthest
Away from the silver dot, the tab is locked, the other one of the same picture shows the dot with red in the other hole, that is in the unlocked position...
The other two pictures, are what you would see, through the grommet in the door, if the hole was bigger, where the tabs are marked red, that is the part that needs pulling with apiece of rod/wire ( old coat hanger/welding rod, with a 1/4 inch bend on it )
One picture shows the tab closed, the other shows the tab pulled and at this point the D SHAPE part of the handle will now pull out....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	110049   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.JPG
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	110057   Click image for larger version

Name:	image4.JPG
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	110065   Click image for larger version

Name:	image6.JPG
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	110073  

I think, aesthetically, car design is so interesting - the dashboards, the steering wheels, and the beauty of the mechanics. I don't know how any of it works, I don't want to know,
Currently in ours2012's garage:
My Baby ( or the shed on wheels )Laguna 2 estate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome