Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Small Cars

Thread: Small Cars
View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 12th March 2008
wobbly spoon
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi Emilys dad, well ive been in exactly your position, i have four kids, three are grown up now but i always hated the thought of them being crammed into a tiny car so I always ran cars with a long bonnet and boot because to my mind the more bodywork there was between whatever could potentially drive into me and my kids the better ...this was in the days before air bags were everywhere... having said that modern cars are definatley safer with crumple zones and air bags, better quality seatbelts etc etc how about something like a focus 1.4 petrol? not bags of power ill admit , but as you said youre not a single lad anymore so you dont want a GTi ... its a modern car and not too expensive, reasonable on fuel, cheap to insure and tax, i belive that they are quite reliable and have abs brakes and air bags etc or if you want really good fuel economy and a decent size you could go for an early picasso diesel , its all a huge toss up between initial outlay, running costs and size i know ..but from reading your thread your children are your primary concern ( good on you mate ) ..and at the end of the day you dont want to be driving around in something that youre not comfortable with because youre worried about being in an accident with the kids on board ... whichever car you go for i wish you the best of luck
Currently in wobbly spoon's garage:
Renault Espace mark 3 2.2 dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome