Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 51 Kangoo - water in passenger side footwells

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th September 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
51 Kangoo - water in passenger side footwells

I've a new-to-me Kangoo (51 plate) and most things seem to work.
When we bought it, there was no water in the footwells (and it had been parked outside), but once it rained, there's water there - it's most disconcerting to have water sloshing around when driving
I've checked the drains below the windscreen, and they are clear both sides. After checking them, I gave the windscreen a good hose down and nothing came in. My wife swears she can see a wet line from water running down the mat below the heater - but I think that may be just from water sloshing forward under braking.
Are there any other known water ingress points on these ? I can't see any damage to the door seals.
I noticed today that both footwells were dry - but forgot to look under the seat. It's been parked up for several days, and the neighbours say it rained a fair bit while we were away. Once I started driving, the swimming pool was back - so it was either hiding under the mats, or was in the "pool" between two transverse ribs under the passenger seat.

Also, and I'll start a new thread on the electrics, I've just got back from the garage where he's been trying to program a new remote for me. We only got one key, and the remote doesn't work (no click as the microswitch is broken) - so we don't know how long it is since the remote worked. At the garage, he says he's run through the sequence a couple of times, it seems to recognise and sync the remote, but it won't lock/unlock the doors. He's wondering if there's water in the body electrics module which is apparently on the passenger side.
Currently in Simon110's garage:
Land Rover 90, Avensis, Kangoo
  5 Lastest Threads by Simon110
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
51 plate Kangoo - electrics issues Electronics Simon110 3 134 12th September 2016 12:30 PM
51 Kangoo - water in passenger side footwells Bodywork Roo56 8 264 12th September 2016 12:07 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome