Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Torque Setting for Rear Hub Nut

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 13th March 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Right, got the rear drums off no problem with my shiny new torque wrench and a nice 30 mm socket. Came off a treat. Undid the nut and the drum just slid off with a little gentle pursuation and some tugging. Anyway decided to check the discs and pads on the front as well whilst I had the car jacked up. The pads are in a bit of a bad way and the front disks look awful . They've got a nice, rather thick rust ridge around the whole of the disks and it's warn a deep ridged groove in the brake pads. The ridge is about 2 cm deep and the edge of the disks are considerably wider than the face toughing the pads. Also when you turn the front disks they make a grinding noise where they appear to be touching the brake pads. So I'm gonna change the disks which are on order. Does anyone know what type of screw head and size are the screws that are holding the disks on ?

I also presume the screws will need some assistance to come out with an impact screwdriver perhaps ?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome