Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Twingo C01 drum brakes proportioning valve

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Twingo C01 drum brakes proportioning valve

Hi guys,

I have an Twingo 2000 with D7F inside that made 130 000km so far. I know this car wasnt sold in left hand drive version for UK, but this is popular forum internationaly so i will try and ask.
Every year i have more trouble passing MOT since i have very little brake force on rear brakes - drum brakes about 400-450. Always very good on front axle 1800-1900. If i load the trunk i get 600-700. However before the problems started, a few years back, i got 1000-1100 with full trunk and fuel tank.

The cylinders are not leaking, i've checked for air and all i got was clear brake fluid, i adjusted the adjusters which were dry, and that is about it. The pads look as new and are not worn.

I've looked carefuly on the rear bridge and folowed the brake lines and i cant see that car has proportioning valve on rear axle. However i found TRW GPV1177 in catalogue for the car. If Twingo has this, where would it be located?

So before i spend money on new cylinders, does this car have proportioning valve, and if it doesnt, how does it regulate rear and front brake force?

Also the front springs are bad and front end is down about 7cm, I'm planing on replacing them. Can this cause problems with dividing the brake force?

Thanks for any help
Currently in msegvic's garage:
2002 Megane I 1.9dCi
  5 Lastest Threads by msegvic
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Twingo C01 drum brakes proportioning valve Brakes/Hubs TTT 14 264 22nd September 2016 07:53 PM
gearbox sleeve/adapter Transmissions msegvic 5 309 6th September 2016 01:24 PM
Hello! Welcome to RenaultForums funkoval 6 251 6th September 2016 01:08 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome