Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Keycard

View Single Post
post #48 of (permalink) Old 15th March 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I was qouted 105 inc vat for key, and 75 inc vat to program, I needed 2 keys so total of 360, then was told it would be another 72 +vat to reset the TPMS, all this from Bridges in Reading, a grand total of 445, and they wouldn't do anything until I'd been in to see them with the logbook, and then photo id to confirm my address, then on the off chance called the dealer in newbury who qouted me 160 inclusive for 2 cards and then 39 + vat to program, and as they were doing both at the same time, they would only charge me once for programming, took 4 days to get in, then had to wait 3 days to get the car in, then they couldn't do it due to a faulty card reader, so borrowed a card reader from a friends Lag, took it back a couple of days later, and they programmed both keys, and reset the TPMS, grand total of 205.82, the thing is, the dealers in Newbury is also Bridges, and they are the same franchise.
Although they keys and dealer work are generally expensive, I would say they were on a par with others, I paid 62 for key, 78 for seperate remote, and 51 to program all + vat from Honda a couple of years ago, the annoying thing there was, that to program them up, it wasn't plugged into a computer, it was done in 5 minutes flat with a sequence of ignition key turning and remote button pressing.
Currently in 137MPH's garage:
2011 Laguna III 2.0 dci FAP Dynamique +
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome