Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Auto Wipers

Thread: Auto Wipers
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 16th March 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by comeonleeds View Post
Hello, I'm new to the forum & would be very grateful if someone could help me with a query on the auto windscreen wiper function.
I have just purchased a model with this function & having read the manual I'm baffled as to how I get the wipers to just sweep intermittently. When I move the stalk down to its first position & fiddle with the ring showing different sizes of rain drops the wipers come on &keep sweeping the scree. Sometimes this is at a frantic rate for the amount of rain they are detecting. Is there a facility to just have these wipers acting like normal ones? i.e intermittent, speed 1, 2 like most other cars!
I've found the switch to make the auto lights work or to alter them to override but not for the wipers!
Would be very grateful if someone could advise as they don't even stop sweeping when stationary at lights etc when in this mode!
I have a Laguna with the earlier version of this automatic feature.

On mine there is no way to switch to manual intermittent mode. Having said that it works very well.

The rain sensor is in the rear view mirror housing. This area of the windscreen is covered by the tip of the passenger side wiper. If this is damaged in any way or if the screen is not clean there then it can cause problems. The system expects that the screen is clear immediately after the wipe.

I suggest you first make sure the wiper that clears the sensor is good and that the screen is really clean over the sensor (clean it with a plastic pan scourer and some suitable detergent). The problem you can get with a build up of traffic film is that the wiper creates a blur that causes the sensor to think it's raining hard.

My version doesn't have the dial with the rain drops on it. I can be a little slow to start wiping and I think that addition was just to enable it to be a bit more or less sensitive.

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome