Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Xenon Headlights - Discussion & how to change out

View Single Post
post #112 of (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Xenon Headlights - Discussion & how t

Originally Posted by vmaxnick View Post
I found that I couldn't see at all well with Xenon bulbs. Well after spending hundreds on a range of different spectrum bulbs I arrived at a set with 4000k which I could just about see with, the cheap ones were hopeless so I ended up buying a pair of Osrams. Whilst on a short break in Germany, one ballast gave up and I had to try and make it home on just one headlight. Laguna being Laguna, by the time I got to Folkstone, the other ballast had given up the ghost so I had to drive all the way home on my fog lights.
I'd had my fill of the stupid HID lights, the stupid self levellers and the stupid car. I managed to modify a couple of H7s to fit with the Xenon deflectors removed (2 lt wires from the ballast straight to the bulb) and could adjust them to a reasonable dip but lost the high beam aim (too low) I looked on ebay and a seller was offering a pair of non xenon units for 30 posted, bargain, bought and fitted. now i can see in the dark again!
The reason I'm posting this is because I've seen a few people ask if you can go back from xenon to Halogen and from my experience the answer is yes.
Hi. Did you change the complete light units and if so did you have to modify anything e.g. wiring or connectors etc. Thanks.
Currently in Tumshy's garage:
2005 Laguna 1.9 dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome