Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 02 plate Voice Synthesizer stopped talking.

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 16th March 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by willie6276 View Post
Can anyone help with my Laguna Estate's Voice Synthesizer. I had a flat battery which was recharged off the vehicle. when refitted I had to reset the elec' windows, radio code. and clock, but the voice synthesizer will not work. I have checked it is not muted and when I press the button to repeat message still no sound, is there a sequence to reset it, or am I doing something wrong?
Do you have the version of the car with Sat Nav? If not then there are only three components involved.

The instrument panel
The voice synthesiser
The Speaker (located by the driver's right knee)

The instrument panel communicates with the synthesiser over a two wire multiplex network. If the instrument panel does not detect the synthesiser when the power is reconnected then it will operate as though it is not present.

If the components are OK then it sounds like you may need to briefly remove power from the instrument panel to reset it and make it detect the voice synthesiser.

There seem to be two fuses that mention the instrument panel and voice synthesiser. These are F3 and F11.

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome