Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - RX4 -- Rear shock absorber change

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 16th March 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Unfortunately both sides are like that. I think theres about 15mm of clearance. A bit tight I think.

As I'm unfamiliar with what the liners should be like it makes it a bit awkward. My last car was a RAV4 which had excellent all round wheel/liner clearance. Unfortunately a deer decided to write it off for me.

The Scenic came with a 3 month warranty and there's about 8 weeks to go. The garage paid a warranty company to cover the car and wanted me to use them to sort things out. However, the warranty company did not want to know (understandably) as I was claiming on the first day of cover(!)

I'm assuming that as the garage sliced into the liner whilst putting in the rear shock absorber and the car is under warranty they are responsible for replacing/reparing the liner.

If all goes belly up and they don't want to play ball then would some sort of glue help sort things out.

Apolgies for rattling on but I want to strike a balance between being an absolute pain and getting the job done properly.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome