Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 1.2 Billabong 16v Sidelight & Brakelight Gone

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 22nd March 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
The way I read it, it's the side lights both front and rear that have gone (the tail light still works when the brake is pressed, but not when just the side lights are on.)

The right and left side lights are probably fused separately, so it sounds like you need to go straight back to the fuse box and check again. Sometimes a fuse can pass a visual inspection when it has actually blown, so swap it for a known good one (preferably a spare, though you could use the one for the opposite side lights, and see if the fault moves with the fuse.)

If you replace the fuse and it still doesn't work, then maybe you have a short that's blowing the fuses. That will be rather difficult to trace, I'm afraid, so here's hoping that's not the problem.

If all else fails, try checking every fuse in the box. It's time consuming and, in this case, a long shot, but I've known electrical problems to be caused by a seemingly unrelated fuse being blown.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome