Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Older is better :-)

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
Really Old Member
Nominated 2 Times in 2 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Older is better :-)

I used to scrutineer classic cars before racing. These were all road legal vehicles, often used regularly. All the owners took considerable care of them with varying degrees of skill and the cars looked immaculate with their polished brake lines and painted rocker covers. BUT they are no less prone to defects than any other car (some may argue they are more susceptible). Owners would often express surprise (maybe a thank you) when I, with the advantage of a pit or a hoist, pointed out a worn joint, or a loose and leaking component. Cars need more attention as they age, just to keep going and stay roadworthy. Parts become harder to source. I cannot see how exemption from inspection helps them at all. I would love another classic car and there are a good few out there, many of which "need work" because they would not pass an inspection or worse.

It was hard getting over my addiction to the Hokey Cokey, but I've turned myself around and that's what it's all about.
Currently in twodogs's garage:
2011 Grand Scenic III 1.5dci EDC; Royal Enfield 350 Bullet; Boxes of tools and spare parts I will never need again.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome