View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Skype™ to shawnazzopardi
Re: Some questions

Originally Posted by Dancingdad View Post
5W-40 oil

HIDs..... Not only need projector lamps but AFAIK, all the self adjust and washer gubbins that goes with them.
(Blubs )

Service History, especially cam belt changes
Recommendation from Renault was 5 years or 70K miles and although it seems to have crept up.
Yours should have had two changes at least.... possibly 3.
If in doubt get it done (And water pump at same time)
Or look forward to a complete top end rebuild.

Water or damp in the passenger compartment.... lift carpets and look in cubby holes.
Sunroofs and scuttle drains are prone to leaking which gets water into the electrics behind dash and under floor.

On that mileage, oil pressure... on a cold start how long does it take for oil light to go out?
Any smoke or hesitation in starting, especially on a cold start.
How clean is the oil ..feel it for any grittiness and look for any metallic sparkles

General stuff otherwise, state of brakes, tyres etc and how well does it seem...looked after or simply a good valet? Look in the corners where a valet doesn't get.

The 1.5 is a good engine but at that mileage, I would not pay a lot.
Bringing this reply back to life. Are those things necessary in order to make the HID's work? I mean, over here there aren't any particular laws about HID's. Most people just put them in normal headlight shrouds and stuff, but I'd prefer the projector type headlight simply because as far as I know, projectors and HID's go hand in hand together like peanut butter and jelly.
Currently in shawnazzopardi's garage:
2004 Renault Clio II 1.5dCi Dynamique 65
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome