Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - replacement rear high level brake light megane estate.

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: replacement rear high level brake light megane estate.

My 2008 Megane estate also has a faulty high level brake light. I don't know if the light itself is faulty or if it's the wiring. I had wiring problems before to the rear wipers & washer, rear screen heater & door. The wiring seems to be ok to me, I have 11 wires going through together from the main car into the rear door. I can't see where the high level brake wire(s) (& the rear washer) join the rest of the wires. But I suppose the washer control wire is probably somewhere else, wherever the pump is.
Anyway, I tried to do what Phil suggested above. But when I tried to lever the light out with a flat screwdriver the lens cover broke off. It seems to be all in one piece so hopefully will glue back on neatly. Then the next piece snapped off, it's red, then the clear piece, which seems to be a kind of lens, shaped with 4 fittings that go over the lights. But the next piece that looks a bit like a circuit board seems hard to remove, and I really don't want to break it.

Sorry it's hard to give names to all the pieces. If anyone else is removing and refitting be sure to have some glue just in case!

Any more tips welcome. :-)
Currently in RicardoVerdi's garage:
2008 Megane 1.4 diesel estate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome