Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - electrical/light problems

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 17th March 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi all,

Just a quick update on the electrical issue. It's fixed!

After ordering 2 new rear bulb holders from my local Renault dealer, they came through as hatchback ones! Apparently these are the only type shown on their catalogue so they called Renault UK who said the coupe ones are available but only with the rear lamps. By now the car had been off the road for a couple of weeks I just wanted the problem sorted so I ordered them anyway. Fitted them tonight (bulb holders only - which already had new bulbs in them) but didn't clean the connector plugs as these looked OK. End result is no fog lamp symbol on the dash, no flickering dash lights, all brake, tail, indicator, reverse lights work perfectly. I guess it was the circuitry inside the bulb holders which had corroded over time. A pair of new genuine Renault/Valeo rear lamps (minus bulb holders) will be appearing on eBay very soon....

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.
Currently in RMC16V's garage:
2000 Renault Megane Coupe 1.6 16v | 2004 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi | 2005 smart fortwo cabrio
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome