Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic '05 1.9 Dci - battery drain and key problem

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 18th March 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Did you manage to resolve this problem? I have a 2002 laguna with the same parasitic current drain over the last 12 months. Gone through all the checks and established an acceptable 30mA draw. It is driving me mad!

The only difference that seems apparent is I park mine in the garage unlocked overnight! Does anyone know if the door sensors can still give a problem when unlocked?

It's had a new battery and the new one has been checked. I've had another battery on and that has flattened over 2 days. Meanwhile the new one was off the vehicle during this time and didn't drop a fraction of a volt! The alternator has been checked and there are no after market products or lights etc remaining on.

The door sensors interest me because the passenger door sometimes fills with water and sloshes about.

If any of the info above prompts any thoughts from any then please shout. I am out of ideas and inspiration, any help appreciated!

I'm a newbie by the and find the info in this forum very useful.

Thanks All,
Currently in tomlini's garage:
2002 Laguna 1.9DCI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome