Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - servicing costs

Thread: servicing costs
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 18th March 2008
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
unfortunately Steve DIY servicing does not keep maintain your warranty...If that was the case I certainly would do it.

Hey Asterix, make sure you get fully detailed (renault part numbers) and vatted reciepts with your work, as if the car has to go back to Renault for some warranty work that's the first thing they will ask for ... there was a thread a while back about a warranty claim on a thrown rod that was refused due to lack of paperwork as it had been serviced by an indi, but then returned to Renault for the warranty claim ... not sure of the outcome but best to be sure ....

The other way to look at it is ... this is likely to be the last service under the three year warranty ... peace of mind (well expensive peace of mind) .... so you might argue to keep it all stamped up and get all the firmware updates and OTS work done without hassle you bite the bullet and pay the dealer charges ... this time !!

Also as otto says try some other dealers... its amazing how the price varies ... also ask them is there anything they can do to lower the cost?

hope it helps my winged hatted friend

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome