Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna indicators stay on

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 18th March 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
Thanks for that info Bigshow. Its raining now but I will have a look at the decoder unit. It's sod's law but the fault hasn't occurred for a couple of days now so if I disconnect the decoder unit I may be non the wiser as the fault is so intermittent. If I disconnect the decoder unit will it leave me witout indicators or hazards?
By the way Im sure the hazard switch itself is ok because that gets regular use and always works fine. (I deliver hot Indian takeways- Tempted?)

What exactly does the decoder unit do? Is it anything to do with the central locking/immobiliser? If disconnected would I still be able to lock/unlock the car with the transponder? Are there any relays in the system I could swap over from another part of the car to see if the fault transfers to another system?

Sorry I sound a bit vauge on this but I'd like to get it sorted sooner rather than later cos if the indicater lights eventually wont go out i'll be stuffed!
hi did u ever get this sorted cause i have simler problem my
lights only flash on drivers side when lock car ,anoying
as hell.
Currently in dodge's garage:
laguna 1 , 1.8 sport
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome