Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault scenic parking brake fault - codes: C1162, 5162

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Andy Staley
Nominated 2 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Talking Re: Renault scenic parking brake fault - codes: C1162, 5162

Well i fixed it at last and all it cost me was 7.71 and the problem was down to the OMRON G8ND-2UK relay on the PCB i didn't see the small hole the first time i looked but after finding one on the bay and at the price of just under 7 i thought it was worth a try and glad i did, it was a sod to get the unit off the car and opened as the screw heads had just rusted off but i did it, and with out taking the cable off the unit or out of the unit as you can see. I don't have the manual release cable going to the boot that sort end is how i pull the manual release just pull the cap off and pull the cable end inside.

If i didn't have that i think i wouldn't had got it off without taking the whole thing apart, as you can see i cut the 3 motor wires, the reason i did this is to check the motor as i have a 12v - 15v bench power supply which i used to reset the arm and cables after i pull the hand break release cable to make sure they could move freely and to put grease on the cable ends and wire.

After i put the unit back on the car i used a Bluetooth OBD 2 CAN V1.4 Scan Tool and a program i got of google play store called OnNo! diagnostics for Renault which gets codes and resets codes from the EPB as well as the engine, ABS, SRS, UPC, UCH , AT, EPS and for a 1 for 14 days it will reset any code it finds and gives you the fault code and number as well in case it can't reset it, did this and my car is back to normal no error fault for the EPB on the dash broad, hand brake works as it should. Did take a few photos just in case you don't have the hand brake release in your boot so you know where to look guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161006_115739.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	111777   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161006_112605.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	111785   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161006_120209.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	111793   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161006_115018.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	111801  
Currently in Andy Staley's garage:
Renault Scenic II (Late 2008) 1.6L DYN VVT
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andy Staley For This Useful Post:
batfink5 (3 Weeks Ago), Nottnoc (3 Weeks Ago), ours2012 (3 Weeks Ago)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome