Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Please help i hate this Megane!!!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th March 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Please help i hate this Megane!!!!

hi guys have the car 4/5 weeks and its spent more time in the mechanics than on the road. Its a 2003 Megane Coupe 1.6. So far its been serviced, had the belts and the works done. Found an oil seal leak while doing that and got that done. Then it moved to not starting first thing, it would make a racket of a noise rev up to 1000 or so then die, second turn of the key would start it usually, and then it deteriorated to terribly irratic idling and just stalling and running rough. Sometimes even revving a lot wouldn't guarantee being able to take off from the lights without stalling. So far the VVT unit has been refurbed, a crankshaft sensor replaced and two lambda sensors. Got it back on Friday and its still doing the first start trick of cutting out then working second try but the engine management light has come back on again and I***8217;m at the end of my tether with it. What a hateful car its driving me mad, can***8217;t the effin thing just work for a few days at least without breaking!! Apparently the coils are ok, does the ecu need to be reset? What else could it be? TDC ? Throttle bodies? Any advice at all is appreciated
Currently in Skillie's garage:
2003 1.6 Megane 11

Last edited by Skillie; 19th March 2008 at 10:07 AM.
  5 Lastest Threads by Skillie
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clutch pedal issue Engines Skillie 1 809 31st May 2008 12:42 AM
Please help i hate this Megane!!!! Cars & motoring Skillie 18 3204 19th March 2008 10:04 AM
Megane 11 Stalling/Jerking/Power Loss Engines Jonault 8 1646 21st February 2008 10:59 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome