Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Absolutely lost: Steering wheel controls

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 19th March 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
I never had to do that, since mine doesn't have a screen!

It's a pre-04/97 model and the cable for the steering wheel controls was just another slightly differently keyed ISO connector that I found laying in the bottom of the stereo area of the dashboard along with those for the speakers and stereo itself.

The little cubicle under the stereo is easily removed - there are tabs around the inside edge at the front - if you bend these in, the tray should pull out quite easily. I had a lot of cabling to go in behind the dashboard and had to have the tray out while I pushed the stereo in so that I could spread out the cabling sufficiently to allow the stereo to slot in properly (there wre a lot of cables behind mine as I have all the wiring harness for the steering wheel controls, the bluetooth unit as a seperate device with a thick cable, and the iPod connectivity (which I ran into the back of the little tray, which is now used as an 'iPod cubby hole')

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome