Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Modus Saved Us Serious Injury!

View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 19th March 2008
Angry Irish Justice - Dont make us laugh!

John Buckley pleaded guilty to careless driving and was fined ***8364;100 plus he will receive five penalty points.
He also pleaded guilty to a charge of having no insurance and was fined ***8364;300.00 Again he will receive again receive five points.

Note that if he gets to twelve penalty points he will be disqualified from driving.
We have heard from our solicitor today, with the message above.

Bearing in mind that this idiot caused injuries that Grace is still suffering pain from - and will be for some time to come, what do you have to do to be convicted of dangerous driving in Eire!

As the court case is now over, I can reveal that the accident happened near Kinvara, County Galway, Eire.

Perhaps driving dangerously in an unroadworthy car (his right-front tyre was completely bald) is considered 'normal' in that country, we certainly witnessed some of the worst driving that we have ever seen!

Apologies to Irish citizens who are law-abiding, careful drivers. I make no apology to those who drive like Mr Buckley or have no insurance!

He has got off with a 'slap-on-the-wrist', being fined less than it would cost for 12 months insurance. As far as I am concerned, he was driving dangerously - If he had involved no one else in his accident, then I could consider the conviction fair. The Bald Tyre doesn't seem to have been considered at all!

We will NEVER visit Ireland again unless something is done about the standard of driving. Even then we would think twice!

Richard & Grace.

P.S. Please note that the John Buckley found using Internet Search engines IS NOT the person referred to in this posting.

Last edited by greenside; 19th March 2008 at 06:23 PM. Reason: PS added
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome