Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Modus Saved Us Serious Injury!

View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 19th March 2008
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,199 Times in 4,711 Posts
Hi Greenside - I totally agree with your views on the standard of driving in the west of Ireland - seem to be a law unto themselves - As I live in Northern Ireland where driving standards are much better I am reluctant to travel the roads to the west so to speak. Unfortunately you were hit by an uninsured motorist but in reality Eire has the lowest incidence of uninsured drivers in Europe - must be something to do with having to display a valid certificate on the windscreen. It is quite natural to fear returning to the scene of any accident no matter where it ocurs but that doesn't normally stop us from popping down to the shops - yet most serious accidents occur within a mile of home. I clearly understand both you and your wifes fears but have you ever tried driving in Istanbul. Whilst Ireland holds painful memories for both of you don't let it rule your lives. One other point is that wouldn't even think about driving on a motorway in mainland UK - just too hairy for me.
I hope both you and you good lady make a good recovery and have many happy years of motoring.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome