Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic mk3 electronic handbrake issues

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scenic mk3 electronic handbrake issues

Hello there. I am now the new owner of a 2010 grand scenic, coming from a VW sharan which had nothing but problems would you believe!

Anyway, I have always had a soft spot for scenics, having had the mk2 several years ago, so decided to have a go with the mk3. I bought it with the 'check parking brake' service light lit, despite the parking brake being fully functional. It didn't phase me as I assumed it may have been the same as the mk2 when the battery had gotten flat, and it has had new rear pads in the last year.

Does anyone have any knowledge of the mk3 parking brake system as the info on here seems far thinner on it than the mk2. Any way of getting the light cleared and diagnosed cheaply and easily? Its starting to bug me now, isnt as easy to ignore as the previous version as that orange spanner light is blinding at night time!

I have ddt2000 and a vag kkl cable but am i right in thinking that my car is too new for it being can-bus? Anyone in the norfolk area with a can-clip? Like i say the parking brake is fully functional but the light permanantly on, have tried putting key in, manually applying and releasing a couple of times to reset to no avail. Any help greatly appreciated!
Currently in Barbaire's garage:
2010 Grand Scenic Privilege Tomtom 1.5 Dci
  5 Lastest Threads by Barbaire
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic Mk3 Boot seatbelt clips Interiors Davegayle 4 67 17th October 2016 06:12 PM
Scenic mk3 electronic handbrake issues Brakes/Hubs Barbaire 7 182 12th October 2016 07:01 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome