Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Diy

Thread: Diy
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 20th March 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by bayleaf2 View Post
I have never been one for doing repairs to my car for fear of making it worse. But after joining the renault forum, and knowing that I have got experts to guide me when I am stuck, I decided to have a go. Having been unable to see the display on the instrument panel of the radio & clock for a couple of months, and found the instructions for replacing the bulbs, I decided to take the bull by the horns & have a go. I am pleased to say, that I managed to take the facia off, get the bulbs out, and replace the facia without mishap. " A few beads of sweat in the process"!!!
I will get replacement bulbs tomorrow.
I thought that I would then tackle the rear door catch as it will not open from the outside. I have found the instructions in the forum for the mechanism, but it doesn't tell me how to get the panel off. I have removed the screws, but does the handle for the window & the panel just pull off? Your advice would be very much apreciated.
I decided to have another try at sorting the catch to the rear door of my scenic this afternoon, and I am pleased to say that I have managed it. When I could see what the problem was it took me half a minute. If anyone has the same problem, door not opening from the outside, you will find a rod coupled to the door catch that has come off the door handle The rod fits into a plastic clip "two lugs at one side & one at the other" push the rod & clip
together with finger and thumb & the job is done.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome