Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help on Trip Computer & Radio - dash display

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th March 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Help on Trip Computer & Radio - dash display

I am hoping to get some help with my Megane 1999 Auto.

My trip computer no longer works at all. Any ideas on what could be done would be appreciated. I get the whole Oil Ok when i first start the car and mileage is still shown. I have read in this board that you can reset the comp by turning the key and holding the stalk button down. Tried this but nothing happens at all, no needles jumping or lights flashing. I have gone as far as driving until the a point where the fuel light would normally come on but that no longer works ether.

The other day the "back light" for the clock/outside temp/radio display started to flicker. It now does not come on at all. the display still works with regards to showing the time/ radio station, i just can't see it from a normal driving position unless the sun catches it at the right angle. Is there an LED cluster in there that could be replaced or would the whole unit have to be replaced?

Any help or direction would be great. There always the agents but not to keen on spending the cash.
Currently in podge's garage:
1999 Renault Megane 16
  5 Lastest Threads by podge
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Help on Trip Computer & Radio - dash display Electronics podge 6 1884 20th March 2008 09:32 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome