Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Rusting Petrol Cap area

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 22nd March 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to stef123
Originally Posted by BeanoClio View Post
Thanks for the advice!

To be honest, the job does look daunting for a novice like me!!!

I'm glad (well sort of!) that other people have the same problem! Today I parked next to a T reg 1.2 Clio when I went to the gym and the rust was so bad it had started spreading to the outside wing from the petrol cap area!

So mine didn't look so bad!

Regarding the hammerite stuff (I believe it called "Kurust"???) - I was advised by a fellow member of my other Club/Forum I'm a member of (especially for all Mk's of Clio) (if you're interested in having a look at the website or joining - please send me a private message and I'll give you details of the club) (Can't be accused of spamming that way!he recommended me to try cleaning the visible areas of rust, treat & paint it up - sounds good to me!

Any pics or details of your 99 Clio on this site???

Thanks again! Hope to chat again soon!
hey beanoClio,
I would probably try and avoid doing any painting on my car just incase it makes it looks worse lol. Only thing I paint is the callipers and drums.
Im not sure about the name of that rust treatment stuff. I have replied to your PM, thanks by the way.

couple of pics of my car...

Currently in stef123's garage:
2006 Ford Mondeo ST TDCI

Last edited by stef123; 22nd March 2008 at 01:01 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome