Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Absolutely lost: Steering wheel controls

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 22nd March 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Finally got around to give it at another go at installing. This time with succes!

When running the cable from the clock to the HU, I this time aimed for the footwell and the cable end emerged just above the gas pedal with no problem at all. From there it was a simple job to route the cable behind the centre console to the space behind the HU.

I had the same problems you describe regarding the huge bundle of cables. It really takes a lot of fiddling to make enough room for the unit to be pushed fully into to console.

I've been trying to remove the cubicle by pushing and pulling on the tabs but so far with no succes. When I look in the Haynes manual it would seem that it's held in place by screws concealed by the lower center console (the part with gear changer and handbrake etc.). Perhaps phase 1 and 2 differs on this point.

But changing the HU is really woth it though. I have installed a 4x55 W Pioneer unit and even with the original speakers the sound is a huge step up from the OEM Phillips unit.
Currently in grandtour's garage:
Laguna Grandtour 1.8 16V Concorde '99

Last edited by grandtour; 22nd March 2008 at 01:54 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome