Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Does My Clio 1.5 dci Extreme 4 have heated Seats

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 14th August 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by RNorden
strange its on both sidess though as i think the seatbelt light only refers to the driver seat
I've always thought this was pretty poor, considering that my dad's first Rover SD1 had seatbelt warnings for both driver and passenger way back in 1977. The Laguna scores identically to the Volvo S40 in the Euro NCAP tests (on points, not just on stars) but the Laguna lost points for seatbelt warnings and gained them elsewhere.

As others have said, the wires are probably for the seatbelt pretentioners and airbags, though manufacturers tend to use standard wiring looms, so if they've ever even considered putting heated seats in any of the Clio models, chances are the wiring for them will be there on every single one.

The Clio side airbags are in the seats, and I've heard a rather nasty rumour that if the airbags ever deploy, the fact that you need two new seats and a new dashboard will 'write off' the car before you even look at having the exterior damage repaired.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome