As some of you may know my family life has undergone some wee changes in recent weeks...
1. My wife and I have have been blessed with a new beautiful baby daughter
2. My once beloved Megane hatch has been written off and has gone
As a result I am canvassing opinion about my next car. With my budget of £1000 I have looked at 3 potential cars...
1. 1996 Vauxhall Astra 1.7TD GLS Estate - mint condition but 100K miles
2. 1997 Vauxhall Vectra 2.0 SRi Estate 90K miles average condition
3. 1998 Ford Mondeo 2.5 V6 Ghia Hatch auto in mint conditon 100K miles.
They're all in spitting distance of where I live and are by far the top 3 cars that I have seen available locally. The Vectra is the wild card - it looks a bit tatty on the outside but the interior is good and it drives A1, The Astra is practical and the Mondy is a silky smooth beast with leather
(though it is an auto) but is a hatch rather than estate.
Which one should I go for, or should I forget about all 3?
I'll just add that the first two are both around £700 - £800 and the Mondy is just over a grand, but I can knock them down a few quid