Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Retro-fitted Voice Synth. Now it won't work

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 23rd March 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to colmrenaul
Ok so i dropped in my laguna to my local Renault garage to check that the Voice Synth was turned on in the UCH . It turns out that that function isn't even in my UCH . Therefore the multiplex system doesn't recognise that the voice Synth computer is connected. Having done some further research on the matter, Renault uses different specification UCH 's when building the cars. The Initiale is the only version that gets a special top spec UCH which includes the voice Synth function .

Such a pity, I can't get this to work, I loved it in my Laguna1. In theory i could order a new top spec UCH , but that means i'd have to get a new ECU and new Key cards. There is no way i'll go to that expence.

On a positive note it was encouraging to see that the dealer was friendly and very willing to see if they could get it working. Since then i've been to another Renault garage for a service and some warrenty issues and they were also very helpful and didn't try to avoid fixing things as before. Good to see, fair play Renault
Currently in colmrenaul's garage:
2005 Renault Laguna 2 Initiale 2.0 dCi 150
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome