Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Official FAP Filter Guide Here

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 24th March 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I could be wrong, but I'd imagine it's downstream of the turbo . It's going to kick out a lot of extra heat when regenerating, and you don't really want to be chucking that through the turbo .

It appears that the 2.0 175 will be FAP equipped, but all indications seem to show that the 150 manages to achieve Euro IV without the filter (I can find no mention anywhere of this engine being equipped with one.) The function of the FAP appears to be to catch the soot that's chucked out when an engine's being thrashed to within a whisker of its full potential, so I suppose the 'detuned' versions don't really need it.

Of the 1.9 engines, I think only the 130 has the filter. The lower powered 1.9dCi's (currently offered with 95bhp) managed Euro IV without the filter, so I can't see them fitting it to them now.

I was interested to note that there's only 0.5 seconds difference in the 0-60 time of the L2 with the 150 and 175 variants (8.9 and 8.4 seconds respectively.) I certainly wouldn't pay much extra for that kind of performance boost.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome