Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Best sat nav disc to use??

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 24th March 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
To be honest, unless you really want TMC or can get a freebee out of Renault, I'd stick with your current disc and save yourself a packet. Even when you get the very latest versions, it'll still try to send you the wrong way down one way streets, it'll still think some T-junctions are roundabouts (and vice-versa), it'll still occasionally tell you to take the first exit when you really need the second or the second when you really need the first, and every once in a while, you'll find yourself driving down a road that isn't even on the map. The top and bottom of it is that nobody has an accurate map of the UK road network, and even if they did, it'd be out of date before it was even published.

Your current disc will probably do you fine for finding a street address in any given town. When it comes to routing from town A to town B, don't trust the thing as far as you could chuck it (the whole caboodle including the car, not just the CD) as the original Carminat system makes some really stupid routing decisions that can cost you a lot of time.

I think my car was still on the 2003 disc when I gave it back, and it was still doing okay for me.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome