Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #77 of (permalink) Old 24th March 2008
tom burton
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Had my EGR out of my Lag 2 to clean the same on Friday.

It was fairly clean, and the metal gasket appeared to be newer than the car: I assume then that my main stealer cleans the valve as part of the service.

Anyway I cleaned up the valve including the seats upon whch the two valve discs sit when closed. I did notice that quite a bit of force was required with my trusty screwdriver in order to lift the valves. I then applied a liberal amount of penetrating oil to the spindle and working in the same by opening ang closing the valves several times. The valve then became much easier to open, i.e. less force was required with the screwdriver.

I also cleaned up the inside of the manifold, although again, there were not many deposits (previously cleaned by main stealer?).

Anyway I went for a 50 mile round trip with the familly today and the car now runs even smoother than before, even though there was no particular problem prior to the clean.

I still however have an anomaly whereby when the car is started whilst the engine is still hot, the rev's drop down to 400rpm before gradually coming back up to 800rpm after about 5 seconds. Do anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem?
Currently in tom burton's garage:
2006 Renault Modus 1.5Dci 86ps Initial
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome