Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Front & Rear Speaker replacement Clio 2003 model

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 24th March 2006
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
Some companies make speakers to fit specifically into the original mountings.I know Pioneer do this(my personal favorite) as I have had some direct replacement speakers from them before(for a VW Scirocco and Renault 19).They quite often do a choice of wattage and 1,2 or 3 way speakers for varying prices.
From memory I think Kenwood do the same sort of thing but I'm not sure about other manufacturers.
Trouble is you probably won't get the benefit of the high quality speakers with a standard head unit.If you haven't already done so,it's better to replace the stereo with one of better quality first as the standard speakers will sound completely different and you might not need to replace the speakers at all.All depends on your tastes and expectations on how music should sound!(Very Loud in my case,unless Lag junior's in the car!!)
Also,I am of the opinion that a system should ideally be kept to one manufacturer.i.e head unit and speakers made by the same company.This guarantees that you are getting the most out of it,as they design and develop the speakers to compliment the head unit and vice versa.

I'd rather push my Alfa than drive a BMW....
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome