Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - TDC Sensor Replacement (with pictures!)

View Single Post
post #122 of (permalink) Old 26th March 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up

I was only thinking recently, what a very practical & reliable motor my 2001 1.4 Helios Kangoo has been. Bought it new & the mileage is now around 65,000. But I've also been aware of this sensor trouble by contributing to this posting & taking note of advice given.
Well today it happened. Engine failed to fire-up, when I came back to it after having driven into town app. 10mls from home & showed no sign of any indication it was even trying. So tried a couple more times, no joy. But before calling out Green Flag, I decided to sit for a few minutes to allow any excess petrol to evaporate. Bingo, she running. So now I decide to attack this sensor now that I'm back in my garage & tools to hand.
It's a very awkward task on the Kangoo, as there are the coolant pipes & wiring harness to get past. But with a bit of modification to my 10mm socket etc. managed to remove the sensor & I cleaned it with some Renault brake cleaner I happened to have. Re-fitting is just as difficult having to negotiate said pipes/harness. Hopefully it should be okay now, but if it fails again, I now have the know-how to get at it. This TDC Sensor is a long thread, but I reckon a lot of very useful advise has been forthcoming.

Currently in kangoo2's garage:
Kangoo 1.4 est. Helios
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome