Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Power steering pump and Alternator

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 24th March 2006
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
O.K,that sounds reasonable.I am not entirely sure if these parts are available aftermarket,and unfortunately if they are not your stuck with Renault prices.It maybe worth trying to get quotes from motor factors first to see if they can source the parts and go from there.If they can you will save a large amount by buying these and going to an independant garage.If you want me to,I'll have a ring around our main suppliers tomorrow and get back to you.
Even if you have to use Renault parts,you could save a lot of money on labour by taking the car to an independant garage,who's hourly rate is around half that of most main dealers.Trouble is I really can't recommend anyone in your immediate area!.I know of one particular garage in Gillingham who are excellent(where I work!),but I wouldn't recommend you drive your car that far!.
I can recommend Partco(I think theres one in Dorch or Weymouth,if not theres definately one in Yeovil) for aftermarket parts.Also,we also use a company called Sprint Bay in Shaftesbury.They really are excellent and very knowledgeable.If the parts are available aftermarket,they'll find them.If you want me to enquire tomorrow then P.M me your cars details(8v or 16v,reg no. etc) and I'll get back to you tomorrow afternoon.

I'd rather push my Alfa than drive a BMW....
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome